Thomas P. TunnyPartner
- Sacramento Addresses Housing (or Not), Reuben, Junius & Rose, Update January 18, 2018
- California Cities and Counties Grapple with Marijuana Legalization and the Implementation of Prop. 64: a San Francisco Case Study, CREW SF, Fall 2017 edition, Pages 3-5
- New Cannabis Controls Continue to Smolder, Reuben, Junius & Rose, Update November 16, 2017
- Legalize It: Mayor and Supervisor Sheehy Introduce Regulations for Non-Medical Cannabis Business, Reuben, Junius & Rose, Co-Authored, Update October 5, 2017
- More on Housing, Reuben, Junius & Rose, Update April 26, 2017
- Recent Developments in Land Use: Affordable Housing, PDR Districts, and Residential Expansion, Reuben, Junius & Rose, Update February 17, 2017
LAND USE, PLANNING, AND ZONING LAW
Mr. Tunny’s practice focuses on transactions and litigation in all aspects of land use and planning law, including the California Environmental Quality Act; the Planning and Zoning Law; local land use, planning, and zoning codes; exactions (fees/dedications); elections law (including initiatives and referenda); and the Subdivision Map Act. Mr. Tunny has assisted in obtaining development approvals for numerous commercial and residential projects. He has litigated, at the trial, appellate, and California Supreme Court levels, cases arising under the California Environmental Quality Act, the Subdivision Map Act, local planning codes, and state real property law.
Mr. Tunny has authored and co-authored numerous articles, columns, and treatises on land use topics, and has taught and made presentations on land use law across the state. Mr. Tunny was named a California Lawyer magazine “Rising Star” in 2009 and 2010.
Prior to joining Reuben, Junius & Rose LLP, Mr. Tunny was Senior Counsel at Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP. During law school, Tom externed for the Hon. Martin J. Jenkins of the U.S. District Court, Northern District of California. Prior to entering law school, he was a Congressional Aide to U.S. Representative Anna G. Eshoo (CA 14th District), advising her on environmental, land use, housing, and other issues.
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, Articles Editor, West-Northwest Journal of Environmental Law and Policy
- Master of City Planning, 2000, University of California, Berkeley, Concentration in Regional Planning and Environmental Planning
- B.A., Bowdoin College
- Member, California Bar Association, Real Property and Environmental Law Sections
- State Bar Environmental Legislation Committee (2008)
- Member, Urban Land Institute
- Member, San Francisco Planning and Urban Research Association