Justin A. ZuckerAssociate
LAND USE AND ENVIRONMENTAL LAW
Justin A. Zucker is a member of the firm’s land use group. His practice emphasizes entitlements, due diligence, administrative compliance, and environmental law for development projects in San Francisco, Oakland, and the greater Bay Area. His land use and entitlement experience includes commercial, mixed-use, industrial, and residential projects as well as historic renovation and conversion projects. His expertise includes California Environmental Quality Act (“CEQA”) environmental review, zoning review and property-specific due diligence, accessory dwelling unit provisions, and formula retail approval. Mr. Zucker’s clients range from individuals looking to remodel and expand their homes to institutional developers proposing large mixed-use projects or high-rise residential projects.
Mr. Zucker has represented property owners, businesses, developers and non-profits at the Planning Commission, Historic Preservation Commission, Zoning Administrator, Board of Appeals, Port Commission, and various administrative bodies. He has also appeared before state and federal courts throughout California.
Before joining Reuben, Junius, & Rose, LLP, Mr. Zucker was Senior Counsel at Gordon & Rees Skully Mansukhani handling litigation defense, giving him broad depth and perspective into the transactional and entitlement hazards that lead to lawsuits and the importance of addressing all potential issues at the outset. In addition, Mr. Zucker interned for the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency and the Bay Area Air Quality Management District, providing him with a wide-ranging administrative law and regulatory compliance foundation.
- J.D. Cleveland State University – Marshall College of Law
- M.A. Environmental Studies, 2011, Cleveland State University – Maxine Goodman Levine College of Urban Affairs
- B.S. University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Executive Committee Member & Past Chair, Bar Association of San Francisco Environmental Law Section
- NEXT Committee Member, Urban Land Institute
- Member, San Francisco Bay Area Planning and Urban Research Association
- Member, American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- SB 50 Revamp: The More HOMES Act Amended, Reuben, Junius & Rose, LLP Update January 9, 2020
- Jobs Housing Linkage Fee on Offices Could Increase, Reuben, Junius & Rose, LLP Update September 17, 2019
- Draft Downtown Oakland Specific Plan to be Released this Summer, Reuben, Junius & Rose, LLP Update April 23, 2019
- Moderator, “Environmental Legislation in California: Trends, Directions, and Developments” (San Francisco Bar Association, February 14, 2017)
- Moderator, “The Clean Power Plan: Tackling climate change through GHG reductions at existing fossil fuel-fired power plants” (San Francisco Bar Association, March 3, 2016)
- Moderator, “Environmental Legislation in California: Trends, Directions, and Developments” (San Francisco Bar Association, March 3, 2015)
- Moderator, “The Impact of Greenhouse Gas Restrictions on the California Economy: A Long-Term Prognosis of Costs and Benefits” (San Francisco Bar Association, August 21, 2014)
- Moderator, “Environmental Legislation in California: Trends, Directions, and Developments” (San Francisco Bar Association, March 31, 2014