Justin A. ZuckerAssociate
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Moderator, “Environmental Legislation in California: Trends, Directions, and Developments” (San Francisco Bar Association, February 14, 2017)
- Moderator, “The Clean Power Plan: Tackling climate change through GHG reductions at existing fossil fuel-fired power plants” (San Francisco Bar Association, March 3, 2016)
- Moderator, “Environmental Legislation in California: Trends, Directions, and Developments” (San Francisco Bar Association, March 3, 2015)
- Moderator, “The Impact of Greenhouse Gas Restrictions on the California Economy: A Long-Term Prognosis of Costs and Benefits” (San Francisco Bar Association, August 21, 2014)
- Moderator, “Environmental Legislation in California: Trends, Directions, and Developments” (San Francisco Bar Association, March 31, 2014
LAND USE AND ENVIRONMENTAL LAW
Justin Zucker is a member of the firm’s land use group. His practice emphasizes entitlements, due diligence, administrative compliance, and environmental law for development projects in San Francisco, Oakland, and the greater Bay Area. His land use and entitlement experience includes historic renovation and conversion projects and California Environmental Quality Act (“CEQA”) practice. Mr. Zucker’s clients range from families looking to remodel and expand their homes to institutional developers proposing large mixed-use projects. Mr. Zucker has appeared before administrative boards as well as state and federal courts throughout California.
Before joining Reuben, Junius, & Rose, LLP, Mr. Zucker practiced civil litigation at an AM40 law firm, giving him broad depth and perspective into the transactional and entitlement hazards that lead to lawsuits and the importance of addressing all potential issues at the outset.
Prior to beginning his practice, Mr. Zucker interned for the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency and the Bay Area Air Quality Management District, providing him with a wide-ranging administrative law and regulatory compliance foundation.
- B.S., 2006, University of Wisconsin – Madison
- M.A. Environmental Studies, 2011, Cleveland State University – Maxine Goodman Levine College of Urban Affairs
- J.D., 2011, Cleveland State University – Marshall College of Law
- Executive Committee Member & Immediate Past Chair, Bar Association of San Francisco Environmental Law Section
- Vice Chair, American Bar Association TIPS Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Committee
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, Urban Land Institute