James A. ReubenPartner
LAND USE, PLANNING AND ZONING LAW
Mr. Reuben maintains experience in all aspects of land use, planning and zoning. He has an excellent working relationship with various City and County of San Francisco departments and officials. He routinely represents clients before the San Francisco Planning Commission, Board of Appeals, Port Commission, Department of City Planning, Redevelopment Agency, the Board of Supervisors and Landmarks Preservation Advisory Board.
- B.A., 1968 California State University at Northridge
- J.D., 1976 Golden Gate University
- Instrumental in conceiving and ushering through the San Francisco Board of Supervisors the Business Improvement District’s enabling legislation, which permits businesses to organize into districts to privately finance and maintain enhanced services by assessment through the secured tax roll.
- Significant practice in the area of transactional real estate. He represents owners, developers, sellers and purchasers in the acquisition, sale, financing, refinancing and development of real property.
- Broad experience in the development of commercial facilities and office buildings, including 150 California Street in the Financial District of San Francisco. He also represents a variety of tenants and landlords in retail and office leasing.
- Board of Directors, Golden Gate Yacht Club, sponsoring the America’s Cup
- Board of Directors, City Center District of San Francisco
- Member, State Bar of California (Real Property Section)
- Member, San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
- Board of Directors, Bay Area Sports Organizing Committee, 1992-1996