Corie A. EdwardsAssociate
Corie A. Edwards is a multi-disciplinary attorney, whose practice at Reuben, Junius & Rose, LLP focuses on transactional real estate. Ms. Edwards regularly counsels clients in connection with residential and commercial real estate transactions. She has experience preparing and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, development agreements, leases, construction agreements, easements, and related documents.
Ms. Edwards has considerable experience resolving real estate and associated commercial litigation. That experience informs Ms. Edwards’ transactional practice, providing the context necessary to pragmatically assess risk and develop business-oriented solutions to the challenges her clients face.
- B.A., 1993, University of California at Riverside (Philosophy-Law and Society and Political Science)
- J.D., 1996, University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- Negotiated construction contracts for commercial and residential projects in the City and County of San Francisco and Alameda County, California.
- Defended international real estate investor in quiet title action concerning ownership of parking garage, mixed-use development project, in San Francisco, California.
- Successfully opposed efforts to enjoin redevelopment of parcels in a shopping center in Contra Costa County, California.
- Represented an investment fund in Monterey County, California with a judicial foreclosure action and companion mortgage fraud claim, concerning commercial property acquired for development.
- Prepared & negotiated purchase documents for acquisition of Oakland, California properties for redevelopment into 76-unit apartment community, with the relocation of existing historic structures.
- Counsel to a private property owner in the negotiation of a parcel map waiver in Oakland, California, and resolution of related title insurance claim in connection with the encroachment of residential improvements.
- Obtained summary judgment and award of attorneys’ fees and costs in favor of property owner on $1.7 million wrongful eviction claim following an owner-move-in eviction in San Francisco, California.
- Prosecuted quiet title lawsuit regarding access easement over 195-acre ranch property in Contra Costa County, California.
- Defended unfair competition action regarding alleged failure to mine construction aggregate from a leased property in Madera County, California.
- Defended a commercial property owner in $4.2M mechanic’s lien claim by tenant improvement contractor, following the bankruptcy of tenant.
- City of San Ramon (2015 – Present), Housing Advisory Committee
- Contra Costa County Superior Court (2013 – 2015) Approved Discovery Facilitator
- State Bar of California (1996 – present), Member of Real Property and Environmental Law Sections
- Urban Land Institute (San Francisco District Council) (2005 – Present)
- Urban Land Institute Co-Chair of Women’s Leadership Initiative (Programs Committee) (2013 – Present)
- Urban Land Institute Member of Sustainable Development Committee
- Environmental Law Institute (2013 – 2014)
- Second-Wave of Housing Legislation on the Horizon: The Transit-Rich Housing Bonus, Reuben, Junius & Rose, LLP, Update March 14, 2018
- When is “Realty Sold?” Documentary Transfer Tax May be Due When Control of A Legal Entity Changes, Reuben, Junius & Rose LLP, Update October 13, 2017
- Dual Agency: Will It Survive in California?, Reuben, Junius & Rose LLP, Update April 14, 2017
- “Discovery Skills for Legal Staff in California,” Lorman Education Services, February 25, 2003
- “Anti-SLAPP Statute Gets a New Twist,” International Association of Defense Counsel Newsletter, Co-authored with Steven M. Kohn, June 2000
- “Analyzing Strict Liability Failure to Warn Claims in the Context of Allergic Reactions to Prescription Drugs and Regulated Medical Devices,” Rx For the Defense, Summer 2000
- “How to Recognize and Evaluate an ‘Environmental Mold’ Claim,” Tort and Insurance Practice Committee News, Co-authored with Jeffrey B. Hicks, C.I.H., Fall 2000
- UrbanPlan Facilitator (2011 – Present)